What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Important! Bring copies of your child's immunization record, so staff will know which vaccines your child has had if they've never visited the Health Department.
- How to find your immunization records.
- Insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, and/or HMO card
- Proof of income (W-2, check stub)
- Personal ID (driver license, birth certificate, social security card, etc.)
Who Should Get a Flu Shot?
Everyone 6 months and older should get a flu shot every year.
Vaccination is particularly important for people who are at high risk of serious complications from flu:
- Adults over 65 years of age
- Young children
- People with chronic health conditions
- Pregnant women
The flu vaccine is also very important for people who have close contact with people who are at higher risk for complications for the flu.
Learn more about High Risk Groups >>
When Should I Get Vaccinated?
The CDC recommends getting a flu shot in September or October, but getting vaccinated anytime during the flu season can protect you.
Where Can I Get Vaccinated?
- Visit your regular health care provider.
- Public Health offers flu shots by appointment at the Northwest Health Department, 2845 Beatties Ford Rd, Charlotte, NC 28216 | Map
- Call 704-336-6500 for an appointment or for information on high-dose vaccines and FluMist nasal spray.
- Check the Vaccine Finder for a location near you.